Monday, August 4, 2008

gone

Two weeks ago, Nick Huber died. For those who didn't know him, he was a fellow Luther Communications major who graduated 2 years after me.

To my knowledge, we never met. Luther was a pretty small school, so odds are we bumped in to each other at least once. We did email back & forth a bit - mostly about the similarities in our disabilities and international soccer matches.

For two weeks I've been trying to think of something to write about him. I think there's a temptation to eulogize someone when they're gone, even if you didn't know them well. I didn't want to do that.

So, I'll just say that Nick was a funny guy & I loved his politics. He was passionate about supporting ALS research, so throw a buck or two their way if you can spare it.

The link on the right, "Nick - fighting ALS like a mo-fo" is staying up to spread the word.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Colin- Nice website. You're a pretty good darn triathlete. Trying to get into that now...Anyways, a few CC/TF alums saw your blog on the Luther website and it got us talking on our alum site. How long were you out for track in college?

Mark Haddinger '00 (Dinger)

colin said...

Hey Dinger. I ran track freshman year & I ran indoor only as a sophomore. I didn't figure out I was a distance runner until after senior year started. Bummer.